Custom Seat Call Button
“In only three weeks, we created a custom light engine design that increased overall efficiency and performance by 14%.”
Light Ray Simulation
Design for Manufacturing
Custom Wire Harness
Custom Light Pipe
The movie theater experience has come a long way since first screening silent films over 100 years ago. Today, the action — and communication — needs to take place on and offscreen during a movie.
And Venue Valet is bringing the Hollywood treatment to moviegoers, working with theater owners to outfit theater seats with call buttons that allow for in-seat food and beverage service. Our client is committed to providing easy and intuitive ways to order directly from theater seats without distracting from the action taking place on the big screen.
Whether it’s a movie theater or a home theater, lighting has the power to make or break the experience. To enhance overall quality, the viewing room should be dark and include just enough illumination for people to move around safely. This is where intelligent lighting design comes in.
“By shifting the angles of the inner LEDs, we used TIR to our advantage and helped the client minimize light loss and hot spots.”
Senior Engineer, VCC
Only a custom design solution would solve our client’s design issue, so:
- Our team ran light simulations to determine where light was being lost and what footprint would yield optimal performance while reducing hot spots and light pollution
- We designed a small light engine with eight surface-mount (SMT) LEDs — four red and four white to meet the client’s needs
- We then developed a prototype to prove our solution would work in the real-life theater environment
- The custom design optimized the call button’s indication and delivered consistent illumination without hot spots or light pollution
In just three short weeks, VCC’s design team developed and prototyped the ideal solution that:
- Repositioned the inner and outer LEDs to ensure more light illuminated the letters
- Reduced bright spots on each side by ~14%
- Delivered cost savings by changing the thickness of the component from .25” to .187”
Exponential Increase in Performance
Improved overall performance by 42%
“Our team was able to quickly optimize and test the ideal solution for minimizing light loss and maximizing performance of the PCB assembly.”
VP of Sales, VCC