Visual Communications Company (VCC), a recognized global leader in the illuminated electronics, recently announced its new IP61-rated direct incandescent replacement — the AC/DC Utility LED Bulb. VCC’s new dual-action LED lamp is designed to effortlessly switch from AC to DC power, making it an excellent fit for:
- Power plants
- Water treatment facilities
- Blue light towers / call stations
- Parking garages
- Anywhere emergency back-up lighting is needed
This new addition was specially developed by VCC’s team of engineers to address common challenges associated with using LEDs for emergency lighting. The 9W AC/DC Utility LED Bulb includes a heat sink to prevent overheating in enclosed fixtures — a problem that used to prevent LEDs from being a good option for battery back-up power in sealed spaces. With a futuristic aesthetic, the uniqueness of the 9W AC/DC Utility LED Bulb doesn’t stop at its appearance. Benefits include:
- Unmatched versatility – special circuit topology means the LED can seamlessly transition between the grid and back-up power sources at operating voltages of 105 through 280 VDC and 110 to 130 VAC.
- Easy, kit-free retrofits – available in a standard E26 base and A21 shape, upgrading standard incandescents to the 9W LED lamp is simple and convenient.
- Increased energy efficiency – the bulb uses a fraction of the energy incandescents do — 1/20th of the energy of a 100W lamp.
- Maintenance-free operation – the bulb won’t burn out for at least 50,000 hours, so maintenance costs essentially disappear.
- Protection from the elements – an IP61 rating ensures no dust or raindrops will interfere with performance during emergency situations.
- Reliable, long-lasting life – upgrading from incandescents to LEDs will ensure the lamps last 50 times longer — 50,000 hours.
- Exceptional value – VCC’s utility bulb is available at approximately half the price of similar AC/DC bulbs.
- Perfect for enclosed fixtures – thermal-sensing circuitry ensures the LED won’t overheat in enclosed fixtures, and it’s UL/CSA 1993 compliant.
The 9W AC/DC Utility LED will be available to VCC’s distribution channels on December 9, 2020.
Learn more about the innovative direct incandescent replacement here: https://vcclite.com/dual-ac-dc-utility-led-bulb-retrofit-emergency-backup-lighting/
Need additional Information:
Click to download the official press release, press release image or the press release quick tips.