The Direct Incandescent Replacement Designed for Emergency Situations
Meet the dual-action AC/DC Utility LED bulb versatile enough for demanding applications, including infrastructure, transportation, power plants, refineries, walkways, water treatment facilities, and emergency backup lighting.
Dual AC/DC LED Bulb Designed to Shine When All Else Fails
Emergency lighting is often an afterthought until the lights go out. When traditional power is unavailable because of a utility outage, backup lighting is required to run mission-critical operations while keeping owners and the general public safe. From the turbine to the subway tunnel, VCC’s IP61-rated AC/DC LED bulb was designed to deliver reliable illumination. Made with special circuit topology, the LED effortlessly transitions from the grid to backup inputs. Switching from AC to DC power during a power failure is only half of what this 9W LED bulb was made for — its IP61 rating means no water droplets or dust can impede performance, even in the worst conditions.
Two Standard Options
Choose from an IP61-Rated lamp or one without an IP rating.
SP160604W-50K – IP61 Rated
SP160604-50K – Non IP61 Rated
Water Treatment Plants
One Versatile AC/DC LED. So Many Benefits.
Dual Voltage = Die-Hard Reliability
Works seamlessly in AC or DC environments and can switch from the grid to battery backup:
- 105 through 280 VDC
- 110 to 130 VAC
Longer Lamp Life + Then Some
IP61 Rating = No droplets. No dust.
Half the Price of Alternative Lamps
Easy, No-Kit Retrofit
Exponential Energy Savings
Eliminate Downtime for Maintenance
Advanced, Intuitive Technology
Engineered by Experts to Over-Deliver on Performance
Are only 9 Watts bright enough?
- Less power, more light: The LED equivalent to a 100W incandescent is 9-10W. This means better illumination for a fraction of the energy.
- No filament to burn out: Because LEDs don’t use filaments like their incandescent counterparts, they don’t put out much heat. This also means they don’t lose infrared light like incandescents. Therefore, more of their light can be seen by the naked eye, making them appear brighter.
- 2x the color temperature: most incandescents have a color temp of 2500-2700. VCC’s 9W LED is 5000K which provides greater contrast in darkness than a standard 100W incandescent.
“We developed the dual voltage bulb to solve the challenges associated with using LEDs for backup power. Its fold-in heat sink eliminates the issue of overheating. ”
Design Engineer, VCC
Emergency Backup Lighting Doesn’t Have to Break the Bank
- Hire an electrician and replace/rewire all of the fixtures in your facility.
- Purchase retrofit kits and hire a professional to install new LEDs with multiple steps and parts.
- Choose VCC’s AC/DC Utility LED and simply screw the new bulbs into existing fixtures without additional steps or hardware.
The choice couldn’t be clearer!
Emergency Lighting System + So Much More
When the lights must stay on, LEDs provide reliable illumination. But only one lamp delivers all of these advantages in emergency conditions:
Dual AC/DC operation from 105 – 280 VDC and 110 to 130 VAC
Easy retrofit / upgrade
UL/CSA 1993 compliance
A21 Shape, E26 Base for easy retrofit
Custom lens or bulb colors available
Fits A19 shape too (depending on fixture dimensions)
No tools or parts — screw into existing E26 base
What happens if the power grid goes out?
With VCC’s AC/DC Utility LED light bulb, safety remains intact.
Two Standard Options. Custom Capabilities.
- SP160604W-50K – IP61 Rated
SP160604-50K – Non IP61 Rated
Customize Your Bulb
- Kelvin temperature
- LED color
- Lens Color
Have questions about the AC/DC Utility LED?
Is VCC’s Utility LED Bulb a true dual voltage AC/DC Lamp?
Yes, our AC/DC LED can operate in both AC and DC environments without having to rewire or make any additional adjustments. Unlike others who claim to be dual AC/DC but actually require additional steps to transition from one input to the other, VCC’s bulb was specifically developed by our team of engineering experts to deliver reliable performance with either input, as well as toggling between the two with no effort.
What kind of base does the AC/DC Utility Bulb have?
VCC’s Dual AC/DC Utility LED lamp uses a standard E26 base. This means retrofitting incandescents with LED technology is as simple as screwing in a new bulb into the existing fixture. No tools required.